Green Peas Pancakes,a healthy snack for kids as well as adults…
Recipe linkhttp://www.tarladalal.com/Green-Peas-Pancakes-5659r Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/ Green Peas Pancakes These Green Peas Pancakes are quite an interesting alternative to the traditional south Indian uttapa, which is commonly had for breakfast. This tasty snack has a high folic acid and fibre content, making it very nutritious. Plus, it is also easy to make without the need for any fermentation. Always keep some fruit salt handy for such quick-fix delights. Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes 30 servings Ingredients 1 cup boiled green peas
1/2 cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
1/2 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
salt to taste
1/2 tsp fruit salt
2 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
1/4 cup grated low-fat paneer (cottage cheese)
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
salt to taste Method 1. Grind the green peas in a blender to a coarse paste, using very little water.
2. Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the rice flour, besan, turmeric powder, green chillies, salt and water (as required) and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
3. Just before making the pancakes, add the fruit salt and mix gently.
4. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil.
5. Pour a small spoonful of the batter on the tava and spread it to make a 50mm (2") diameter circle.
6. Sprinkle a little paneer, carrots and tomatoes over it and smear a little oil along the edges of the pancake.
7. When cooked on one side, turn it over and cook on the other side for a few seconds.
8. Repeat for the remaining batter and topping to make more mini pancakes.
9. Serve hot.
10. Handy tip:
11. You can make 6 to 7 pancakes at a time.