Chana Dal Pancakes, vitamin and protein rich pancakes.
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Chana-Dal-Pancakes-(-Gluten-Free-)-37001r Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/ Chana Dal Pancakes Chana dal pancakes recipe, makes use of soaked chana dal mixed with vitamin rich vegetables and protein rich curds to enhance its taste. Grated ginger and green chillies add the much-needed spice to the pancakes. Cook these pancakes over a slow flame as the chana dal is coarsely ground and will take a while to cook well. Serve them piping hot to enjoy them even more. Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 6 pancakes Ingredients 1/2 cup chana dal (split bengal gram) ,
soaked for 4 to 5 hours and drained
1/2 cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
4 to 6 curry leaves (kadi patta) , roughly chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
2 tbsp curds (dahi)
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp fruit salt
oil for greasing and cooking For Serving
green chutney Method 1. Blend the soaked and drained chana dal in a mixer to a coarse paste adding a little water if required.
2. Transfer to a bowl, add the fenugreek leaves, carrot, spinach, curry leaves, green chillies, ginger, curds, salt and a little water (approx. 1/4 cup) and mix well.
3. Just before making the pancakes, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over it.
4. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
5. Pour a little batter on a greased tava (griddle) and spread it evenly to make a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle.
6. Cook on both the sides, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more pancakes.
8. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup or green chutney. Handy tip: 1. While cooking if the pancake sticks to the tava (griddle), add 2 tbsp of besan (bengal gram flour) to the batter and continue cooking.